Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Failure when acting on the easyJet Advert, prompts further email to the ASA

Dear Sirs,

In reference to my previous complaint against the easyJet Advert in the Sunday Times which called for a more intelligent approach to aviation, I attempted to do what was suggested in the advert, namely to "push airlines to buy the next generation of more fuel efficient airlines."

I checked the easyJet web site to find contact details. Alas, all I could find was the press office email address. I have emailed this address (see attached) to suggest that they buy Bombardier Q400s instead of Boeings, but I have received no reply. I have had similar problems contacting other airlines.

EasyJet most certainly have not acted on my pressure to buy the most fuel-efficient planes on the market. I therefore conclude that I will be entirely ineffective by pressing easyJet to buy the most fuel efficient planes as suggested by the advert. Thus, easyJet’s advert is clearly misleading by claiming that I can impact purchasing policy and also misleading by implying that easyJet operates the most efficient airplanes available.

Regards,
Kevin Lister

Kevin Lister wrote:
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 19:06:56 +0000 (GMT)From: Kevin Lister Subject: Pressing for more efficient planesTo: press.office@easyjet.com

Sirs,

Your advert in the Sunday Times, 23rd December, demanding a more intelligent approach to aviation suggested that passengers should push airlines to fly the most fuel efficient planes.

As such, I am sending this email to press you to buy Bombardier Q400 planes. Being turbo props these are considerably more fuel efficient than the Boeing 737-700s that your advert portrayed.

Also, as these do not have the same range, their emissions will be even lower.

Regards,
Kevin Lister
Post a Comment